- you can trade Llamas for points
^ as in - someone puts an offer, for example offering 1 point for a llama, and you can click the button, in which you sell the llama to that someone for that 1 point (someone was bitching I worded it wrong, so here you have some explanation, geez)
- if you post too many comments in a short amount of time DA will block you for a few hours, because you're spamming
- if you're not premium, each time you withdraw your earnings you have to pay 1$ fee
- if you put notes in the Spam folder (the one with a pirate skull), DA staff is able to read it
- if you block a person and then unblock and want to block again, there's a penalty of 48 hours before you can block them again
- if you deactivate your account, you have a time limit of 30 days to come back before it's removed for good
- some time ago you had to pay 600 points and be a premium to change your username. Now you don't have to pay the points.
- if you change your username, you can't change it again for 6 months.
- if you want to put a gif in your journal that's from some other site (like tumblr) you can copy-paste it directly in the journal (not the link, the gif itself)
- if you are in need of money/points and no one buys your commissions, you can go to forum and look through the tab that offers jobs for artists. The jobs vary from professionally illustrating a comic to drawing an OC from a written description.
- there's groups that offer writing critiques when you put your stuff there
- some time ago if you wanted to create a new group, you had to wait few hours for DA staff to allow it. (I waited 6 hours) Now they're auto accepted
- there's people out there that steal artwork from DA and sell it as merch on Amazon or other shop sites. Beware.
- fanart will be always faved/viewed more than original art
- DA deleted webcam widget. Premium members decided to use one of the other widgets to bring the webcam feel back. Non premium members can't
- if you don't want people to comment on your art, you can disable the comment option
- DA never notifies people when they get a Daily Deviation, but there's a tab that lets you check if you got a DD
- there's a limit on your inbox. You can have max 10.000 - 11.000 messages in your inbox (separately for deviations and comments). If you go beyond the limit, DA will auto delete
the oldest messages in your box.
- DA can force a refund for commissions bought through commission widget, without notifying you
- if you fav too much works in a short amount of time, you will get blocked from faving for few minutes (by MadnessWearsGlasses
If I get reminded of other stuff I'll add it here